As promised, here is the organic soil mix I use, along with coco coir. You must keep in mind that I allow the mixture to get hot and break down before adding it to coco coir or my plant media.
IMPORTANT: You do not want to plant your babies into this mix; you will have to cut the mixture, so it isn’t so “HOT,” or you will burn the babies and kill the plants.
The goal is to create an organic feed without having to use nutrients from a bottle. I will explain how to mix the amendments with coco coir or Organic Potting Mix in the following email.Recipe (makes 25 gallons):
- 2 – 1.5 cubic ft bags of high-quality organic potting soil (Pro-Mix or Roots Organic)
- Mycorrhizae (Not needed if you buy Pro-Mix with Mycorrhizae)
- 1 – 7lb. bag of Worm Castings
- 1.2 lbs. Bone Meal
- 1.2 lbs. High Phosphorus Bat Guano
- 1.2 lbs. Blood Meal
- 12 oz. Rock Phosphate
- 1/4 cup Epsom Salt
- 1/8 cup Garden Lime
- 1/8 cup Azomite
- 1.5 Teaspoons powdered Humic Acid